Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why do "WE" adopt?

Many people ask that question of us and I ask that question of us, too. My answer is not profound- I do not know why? Sometimes I wish it was clear and that I had the exact reason and that it was such a great reason that everyone else would adopt, too. It is so difficult to explain. I am certain that whatever words I use I will never thoroughly provide an explanation. I think it is a God thing but please know that HE did not appear to me and tell me to do this.  It is something inside,  it is a feeling that this is where God is guiding us. Every step we take feels so right. I cannot think of anything I would rather do than love and parent a child.

At our son's graduation last spring Arch Bishop Harry Flynn spoke. He said to search for what you love to do AND what God wants you to do. Find your passion that is consistent with God's will. I felt like he was talking to me and I immediately told Jim that I have found it! I am so thankful to our dear Lord for this opportunity to parent these dear children. It is a dream come true for us.

The most important aspect of this is, we cannot do it without him. Not for one minute! We need to rely on our Lord every minute of every day and it feels so good to do that!

We often spend part of our lives looking for the reason why we are here... I believe I have found that reason. If I die raising the Lord's children I will die the happiest woman on earth. I know it is a little weird but it is the truth. I have found my passion and my purpose and I am also so thankful that my husband shares these dreams and desires. All glory goes to God, in him we can find our strength and direction. Praise to you, dear Lord.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I came across your blog through "The Greatest of these..." My husband and I are waiting for a special needs referral. And at one point we were in the same waiting group as the Horners. I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your thoughts on the adoption process and how you KNOW you are doing what you were meant to do. It can be so hard to articulate the peace that God floods you with when you are following His will for your life but oh how we can feel it!!! I'm looking forward to checking out your other blogs and learning more about your journey! May God greatly bless you for your obedience to the call!