Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Dream


It is a family thing that once someone passes away they usually show up in their families dreams. I have seen my husbands parents , my father and my mother. When Mom and I talked about it, she was all set to come back pretty quick- I made it clear- no weird, scary stuff. After she passed away I prayed that I would not see her in my dreams because I wasn't ready- I knew I would cry and cry. Well, 9 months have gone by and I am feeling stronger. I miss her so very much but I am doing just fine. I want to share these beautiful children with her- I know she is enjoying them from heaven! Slowly sweet Momma is making her way into a few of my dreams. At first she would just be there- they didn't seem to have any meaning. The other night I was with her (in my dream of course). We were having a great time, talking a mile a minute- about everything! We sat down, I looked at her and I said "I love you so much, I am going to miss you so much when you die." I hesitated on the last word because I then realized what I was saying. She looked at me and smiled with eyes that said "I know"- the dream was over but hey it was a good night with MOM!

On a side note- I just want to let Mom know that in the dream her teeth were very white! She always wanted white teeth! She always had such a good sense of humor! 

2 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Oh Jean, I am so glad you were able to have a wonderful dream with your mom. I have had great dreams with loved ones who have passed too. It is a bittersweet feeling!

Sammy said...

I never dream! My Mom has been gone 10 years and I've wanted one of those kind of dreams, but they have never happened. Wonder why?