Saturday, October 11, 2008

Girls only- the big girls that is!

Last night my sister, sister-in-law and I met for an evening out. We met at a local dinner theatre, had a glass of wine (well maybe two?), dinner and enjoyed a one act play called "The Wonderman". The play was enjoyable, it was about growing up in the 60's and 70's. It brought back many fun and funny memories of childhood. Along with the laughter was a pang for the good old days. The days of being a kid free from worry and focusing on fun! I wonder if the children nowadays can look back at their childhood - as free from worry and focusing on fun. I will have to ask our older children. I hope our daughters will be able to look back on the life with their family in Minnesota like that and with a respect for their past in China. I think that is the direction Jim and I are trying to go in with our daughters.

Back to the evening! We had a blast.We celebrated sister-in-law Tracy's birthday. The three of us have just started getting together over the last 8 months (since Grandma passed away) and we are finding that we really have fun together! Without grandparents in charge (command central) I wasn't sure what exactly would happen to the extended family. As it turns out we are having more fun than ever! It is nice because it is the one place you can share family/friend updates and thoughts and the other people actually care! We spend most of our time laughing an enjoying each others stories! We have shopped in a little town near my house and went out to lunch (they were getting me out of the house after gallbladder surgery). We all got together for Anna's forever family day at our house. We celebrated the 3 graduations and Anna's baptism. We went boating and out to dinner for my sister and my big birthday. Next on our agenda- probably after christmas is a girly movie and dinner. Some events are for the family and some are girls only!

No comments: