Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thank you God!

Today I met with my good friend. She is going through an unwanted divorce. God Bless her. It has been a difficult road for her and her family. I have wanted to fix the situation but it is not one I can fix. I have prayed to our dear God about it and then felt so useless. Sometimes I want it all better for selfish reasons- so our families could continue our traditions of New Years resolutions and 4th of July fireworks (done by the kids of course!). They were the only family that was brave enough to invite the growing "Mulvahill family" over!  
When we set our coffee date, I prayed that God would give me the right words, that our conversation would stay positive and that the Lord would wrap his arms around my friend and guide her down the dark road. God is so good. No, I didn't say or do anything fantastic, nothing quotable for someone's new book but God did his part!  Today I saw a glimpse of who my friend really is, I saw hope in her eyes and I saw her leaning on the Lord! We had a nice visit- it was only 2 1/2 hours! :-)
Thank you God, thank you so much. 
Jean

No comments: